- Olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 2 garlic, finely chopped
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1/2cup ground almond
- 2tsp stock powder
- 500ml – 1 litre water*
- 1 tblsp nutritional yeast
- 1 stalk rosemary
*the amount is dependent on how thick or thin you like your soup
- Heat the oil in a large sauce pan, add the onion and celery, put the lid on and sauté until soft. This will take around ten minutes.
- Add the garlic, put the lid on and sauté for another five minutes. By putting the lid on you can minimise the amount of oil you use. If the oil and water evaporates you can add a little more water.
- Add the broccoli, almond, stock, water, nutritional yeast and rosemary.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes until the broccoli is cooked.
- Blend till smooth. Serve with a few of your favourite seeds scattered on top.