Purple sweet potato is also known as the Okinawa potato. This vibrant veg is said to be one of the reasons Okinawa has such a high percentage of centenarians. In this recipe I boil the potatoes rather than steam or roast as Dr Greger says that boiling sweet potato retains the most nutrition.
- 1 large purple sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup dairy free sugar free yoghurt
- A few mint leaves, finely shredded
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 Tblsp pine nuts, toasted
- A handful of sprouts
- 1 Tblsp shelled hemp seeds
- Extra virgin olive oil or flax seed oil
- Put the potato in a pan with water to just cover it. Boil until just cooked.
- Drain well and allow to cool, scatter a little salt on the potatoes.
- Mix the yoghurt, mint, lemon juice and a little salt.
- Put the potato on your plate, dress with the yoghurt, pinenuts, sprouts and hemp seeds.
- Drizzle a little oil over the potatoes.