Makes enough for 2 people.
- 2 handfuls medium-sized cauliflower florets
- 4 mushrooms roughly sliced
- 2 handfuls sliced sweet potato, 5mm thick
- 2T tamari
- 2 Tblsp water
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 can or jar of chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 splash of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- A splash of water
- Salt to taste
- Preheat your oven to 220c.
- Put the tamari, water and cayenne into a bowl, add the cauliflower and mix until all of the cauliflower is covered. Put the cauliflower onto a baking tray.
- Add the mushrooms to the bowl and mix into the liquid. Put them onto the baking tray.
- The sweet potato doesn’t need any oil so just put those onto the tray as they are, making sure they do not overlap.
- Bake until just cooked, this should take around 10-15 minutes.
- For the hummus blend all of the ingredients with a hand blender or in a food processor until smooth. Add a little more water if the blend needs more liquid to turn and blend the mixture well.
- Pour into a bowl and serve with the tamari baked veg dippers.