This makes 2 large portions, 4 smaller portions.
- 1 cup white quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 2 tsp stock powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp sumac
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 2 handfuls small tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small can sweetcorn
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 Tblsp thyme
- 1 Tblsp chives, finely chopped
- 1 Tblsp coriander leaf, finely chopped
- Cook the quinoa in the water and stock, bring to the boil with the lid on and then simmer until cooked. Around 20 minutes. Cool.
- Toast the cumin and coriander seeds in a dry frying pan on a high heat. Grind in a pestle and mortar.
- Add all of the spices to the quinoa and mix well, add salt to taste.
- Add the tomatoes, sweetcorn and grated carrot.
- Finely chop the herbs, add to the quinoa and mix well.