I adore variations on porridge and this is a doozy! This recipe makes enough for one very hungry person (i.e. me!)
- 2 rhubarb stalks, roughly chopped
- 3 medjool dates, stone removed
- 1 apple cored and chopped into large pieces
- A handful of quinoa flakes
- 1 cup of almond milk (I use Plenish)
- 1/2 a cup of water
- Rose petals (these can be found in middle eastern shops as they are used to make tea)
- Put all of the ingredients except the petals into a saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Using a wooden spoon mush the dates up.
- Simmer for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Pour into a bowl and decorate with the rose petals.