- 1 medium small potato, baked (I use leftovers for the previous evenings dinner)
- 1 handful oats
- 1 handful quinoa flakes (substitute with more oats if you don’t have these)
- 1 cup dairy free milk
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp coconut jam or date or rice syrup
- A few chopped nuts – i used roasted and chopped hazelnuts but you can use any…..roasting isn’t necessary but for some nuts it will make them more flavoursome
- Mush the sweet potato with a fork or with your fingers.
- Put all of the ingredients except the nuts into a pan.
- Simmer gently on a low – medium heats – stir occasionally.
- Once the porridge has thickened (around 5 minutes) pour into a bowl and top with the nuts.